For vSphere and Hyper-V Environments
Flexible protection of production virtual machines running on VMware and Microsoft hypervisors
The AssureStor dr2cloud Virtual platform, powered by Zerto, introduces an industry first: support for Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware vSphere that enables cross-hypervisor replication and recovery. With automatic conversion of the virtual machines (VMs) on the fly, users can now replicate and protect their VMware or Hyper-V VMs to the vCloud Air-enabled dr2cloud Virtual platform. This enables utilisation of your hypervisor of choice, depending on workload, cost, performance and availability, never leaving you locked-in by technical limitations.
dr2cloud Virtual offers cross-hypervisor replication, enabling organisations to future-proof their IT strategies. The service saves you from being tied into a specific hypervisor or storage vendor for BC/DR and workload mobility. The same simple cloud service can be used, irrespective of the underlying hypervisor or storage technology, allowing companies to utilise different hypervisors and not lose any investment made in their BC/DR solution.
Benefits of dr2cloud Virtual for BC/DR Protection
dr2cloud Virtual offers an RPO (Recovery Point Objective) of seconds, along with consistent point in time recovery for multiple-VM production applications. Some additional features of the dr2cloud Virtual platform for both VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V include:-
- Storage agnostic replication — any storage can be used at the source and target sites.
- Hypervisor agnostic replication — Hyper-V to Cloud, vSphere to Cloud and vCloud Director to Cloud.
- No snapshots — dr2cloud Virtual uses continuous data protection to minimise impact on the production environment.
- Automated orchestration of disaster recovery processes for application consistency.
- Simple management interface for KPIs and reporting.